Jr High Track Parents and Athletes,
Below are a few updates as we prepare for the Portage Trail Conference Championship Meet on Monday, 5/9, and the week leading up to our final meet on Monday 9/16.
1. The Portage Trail Conference Meet is scheduled to start at 5:00 on Monday 5/9. It will be held at Mogadore Stadium. The bus will leave from LCCS after school at 3:30. This meet will be run similar to the Lake Meet of Champions Invitational. I am only permitted to enter 2 people / 1 relay team per event. I have done my best to try to have everyone entered in at least 1 event, but unfortunately not everyone will be able to participate. I have attached pdf’s of the event sheets and who is scheduled to participate and in which event(s) below. The whole team can attend whether you are participating or not. We all appreciate your cheering and encouragement. Other points of interest and notes about the meet:
- There will be preliminary races for the girls 100 meter hurdles, the boys 110 meter hurdles, girls/boys 100 meter dash, and girls/boys 200 meter dash. The top 6 runners will compete in a finals race.
- I have attached (below) the letter that was sent to me by the meet coordinator for the event schedule and other meet details for you to use as a reference.
- ALL TICKET SALES ARE ONLINE. You will not be able to purchase tickets at the gate. Tickets are $4 each and can be purchased by going to the following link:https://www.mogadore.net/Content2/tickets
2. Many of us are experiencing soreness and “injuries”. As we head into the home stretch of our season there have been more and more kids complaining of aches and pains, shin splints, pulled muscles, etc. It has been a rough / busy week. The first “go-to” for any injury or sore muscle is I.C.E. (Ice, Compression, Elevation), and stretching. If your athlete is complaining of pain, please make sure they ICE what hurts every evening after practice. I have been reminding them, but as we all know, kids have a tendency to “forget” to do what they see as inconvenient or uncomfortable. Please remind them of the importance of taking care of themselves. We need to stay healthy and make it through these last 2 meets!
3. No practice on Tuesday 5/10. Due to the previous point regarding injuries and soreness, with a large number of the team also involved in the play, and anticipating a late night on Monday (as invitationals tend to take a LONG time to run), we would like to give everyone Tuesday off to rest, recover, practice their parts in the play, etc…